Online safety is a key issue for the Australian Government, which has recently released a discussion paper outlining a range of initiatives to combat cyberbullying and enhance children’s’ online experiences.
View the paper and have your say by 7 March 2014. - See more at: http://m.cybersmart.gov.au/Latest%20News.aspx#sthash.JlhWqL7J.dpuf
Tagged video -14-16+ http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/tagged/
Jigsaw Activity 8-10yo - https://diigo.com/01ktuy
Cyber issues - bullying, identity
Parent Resources - http://cybersmart.gov.au/Parents/Resources/Educate%20yourself.aspx
What is it?
How to curate?
8.Saving to favs etc in YouTube
9.Curating tweets , hashtags storify
10.Groups in FB and G+
20. Content (Curation) is King - Toronto Net Tuesday - Sharron Harvey
1. Marking forms using flubaroo Check out this video on YouTube: 2. Automatic assessment of tests using Flubaroo & Google Forms - by Mark Anderson 3. 81 ways to use google forms in your class (Tom Barrett ) http://www.edudemic.com/google-forms-classroom/ embedded in edudemic by Jeff Dunn 4. 4 New Ways to Use Google Docs Forms with Students - Getting Smart by Susan Oxnevad @soxnevad - free technology, GAFE, google docs, multimedia, video | Getting Smart
1. Marking forms using flubaroo
Check out this video on YouTube:
2. Automatic assessment of tests using Flubaroo & Google Forms - by Mark Anderson
3. 81 ways to use google forms in your class (Tom Barrett ) http://www.edudemic.com/google-forms-classroom/ embedded in edudemic by Jeff Dunn
4. 4 New Ways to Use Google Docs Forms with Students - Getting Smart by Susan Oxnevad @soxnevad - free technology, GAFE, google docs, multimedia, video | Getting Smarthttp://gettingsmart.com/2013/09/4-new-ways-use-google-docs-forms-students/
Follow hashtag #mobile2013 to glean more information from the conference
Peggy Sheehy - Gaming in the classroom
Mobile technologies Handbook from Ireland
Facebook - az12center.org
Rodney’s experience with Blogging
Jenny’s experience with Blogging
Why blog? This site has so many resources including a great list of why you should blog with your class.http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2012/06/ultimate-guide-to-use-of-blogs-in.html
Edmodo can be an alternative safe quasi-blogging site
PaperBlogs - via McTeach
Quadblogging David Mitchell http://quadblogging.net/
A visit to a blogging school in UK High Lawn Cherise Duxbury
Award winning blogging class http://6d2012.highlawnprimary.net/
Skype and blog post with their quadblogging partners. http://juniorsblackburn.edublogs.org/2012/12/02/skyping-with-the-students-at-highlawn-primary-school-in-bolton-uk/
Blog used to distribute homework and more. http://juniorsblackburn.edublogs.org/blog-guidelines/
http://2kmand2kj.global2.vic.edu.au/ No longer updated as they have moved classes but has lots of great information by Kathleen Morris.
Linda Yollis - http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.com.au/ More fabulous resources for blogging with your class.
http://100wc.net/ 100 word challenge Ms. Skinner
http://whatedsaid.wordpress.com/ Edna Sackson
http://www.speedofcreativity.org/resources/free-audio/ Wes Fryer
http://upsidedown.edublogs.org Amanda C. Dykes
The 6 C’s: Co-Creating Competencies for 21st Century Citizenship
by Cynthia Drew Barnes, Ph.D.
Chief Empowerment Officer, Learning4ChangeIn the 21st Century, the “3 R’s” must give way to the “6 C’s,” competencies each person must master for effective functioning and citizenship in our global village:
The 6 C’s for 21st Century Citizenship
-Papert /Logo - people learn through collaboration and are engaged through personal efforts.
- Let students create what they want based on what they are already doing.
- Let them figure it out and share that experience
Coder shortage spurs computer science push in schools -Video showed the glamorous side of coding and what companies do to get the best engineers. Cool? Yes. Easy to get there? No. Let’s see a video about the road many took to get where they are now. Motivational it is.
- Khan Academy,
Apps as a start to programming
tynker has lessons for classes, you can set up classes and assign projects and more. You need an edu email address to register and be accepted.
How can our global view help or encourage making connections in learning?
Time lapse of Framing a House. So many connections have to be made to make sure the house doesn’t fall apart.
In reading we have 3 connections to make: text to self, text to books and text to world
Rita Pierson Tedtalk - Every kid needs a Champion. (approx 7:48 mins)
“Educators are born to make a difference. Kids don’t learn from people they don’t like."
Au2Az Edmodo group - http://gesd40.edmodo.com/home#/join/5655a0670a9962c80c396fd4808da8ce
todays meet Classroom backchannel
infuselearning.com - Have students draw and submit about a topic then puts it together as a pdf. This can be viewed in ibooks or put into dropbox for sharing.
What are quality connections?